This is such an easy recipe for the most yummy cookies. Beware they do not last very long once baked!
100g unsalted butter , softened
100g crunchy peanut butter
- 50g demerara sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 100g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g white chocolate chips (or hand-cut chunks)
- Using an ice-cream scoop, place dollops of cookie dough onto the baking trays, leaving a generous border around the cookies, as they will expand in the oven. To freeze the cookies raw, put in the freezer for 30 mins-1 hr until firm (don’t cover the trays), then transfer all the cookies to freezer bags.
- Bake the cookies for 10 mins, taking the tray out halfway through and banging sharply on a work surface covered with a couple of tea towels – this dispels the air, making lovely squidgy cookies.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 if you are baking straight away. Line2 baking trays with baking parchment. Mix the butter, peanut butter and sugars together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy, then gradually add the egg, whisking constantly, until fully combined. Finally fold in the flour, baking powder, bicarb and chocolate chips.