Serves 2 easily doubled
- 4 tbsp dulce de leche or canned caramel (I used Carnation)
- ½ tsp sea salt , plus extra to serve
- 85g each dark and milk chocolate , broken into squares
- 1-2 long, thin, plain grissini
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 100ml double cream , at room temperature
- 50ml milk
- Mix the caramel with the salt, divide between 2 small glasses and chill.
- Melt the chocolates together in a glass bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Snap the grissini into short lengths, then dip each end into the chocolate to coat a little. Sit on a wire rack for the chocolate to drip and set a little, then dip the chocolate ends into the sugar to coat. Sit in an airtight container lined with baking parchment and chill to set until ready to serve.
- Stir the double cream and milk into the remaining melted chocolate until smooth, then scrape into a jug. Slowly pour on top of the caramel, around the edges first. Chill the pots for at least 2 hrs, or up to 24 hrs.
- To serve, scatter a little more sea salt on top of each pot, then add one or two sugar-tipped grissini.