Saw this and couldn’t resist trying these beauties out!! Plus they are low fat too!!
Preheat oven to 190/170 fan oven/gas mark 5
Line a 10 x7 tin with baking parchment
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 75g Brazil Nuts roughly chopped
- 100g Butter
- 200g White Chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1-2 banana (200 -250g) mashed
- 2tsp Vanilla essence
- 225g plain four
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- First, make the brazil toffee. Put 75g of the sugar into a pan with 2 tbsp of cold water, bring to the boil, swirling until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to bubble away for 2 mins until the sugar turns a golden caramel colour. Add the chopped nuts and spread onto a tray lined with non stick paper. Leave to cool and then chop up.
- Heat the butter and the chocolate in a pan over a low heat until completely melted.
- Once melted scrap into a bowl and add the remaining sugar, the egg, banana and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder into the bowl and fold in then add the chopped nuts.
- Scrap into the lined tin, bake for 35 min until ‘wobbly’ set and golden on top.