A healthy and low calorie chicken casserole with bacon, peas and a parsley sauce – use chicken thighs for extra flavour and moistness. Perfect with a chilled glass of Savignon Blanc.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Flour, for dusting
- 50g cubetti di pancetta
- 300g small button mushrooms
- 2 large shallots , chopped
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 50g frozen peas
- small handful parsley , finely chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Season and dust the chicken with flour, brown on all sides. Remove. Fry the pancetta and mushrooms until softened, then remove.
- Add the final tbsp oil and cook shallots for 5 mins. Add the stock and vinegar, bubble for 1-2 mins. Return the chicken, pancetta and mushrooms and cook for 15 mins. Add the peas and parsley and cook for 2 mins more, then serve.