I would like to thank Tookie Bunten for nominating me. I feel very honoured as I’m relatively new at this blogging lark. I had never heard about this till I got a tweet with the link to his blog.
So I guess I’d better get on and answer Tookie’s questions.
1. Where do you spend most of your time outdoors?
I am very lucky to have moved to the Lakes some 24 years ago. In my quest to complete the Wainwrights you will find me in my walking boots on the Lakeland hills.
2. Favourite hill?
Oooh this is a tough one, in completing the Wainwrights it takes you to hills you may not visit or forget about. I really like Binsey and Holme Fell, great hills with amazing views for little effort. I love Helvellyn, I have been up it several times all different.
3. Favourite spot to camp?
I’m not really a camper. I did as one of my 40@40 challenges, wild camp and see the sunrise from the top of a mountain. There is something very special about being on the mountain before everyone else. Definitely going to do more.
4. Any burning desires?
I would really like to do the GR20 in Corsica.
5. Favourite tipple?
Another tough one, after a walk always got to be a walkers reward pint. Love Gin and fizz.
6. Favourite song, poem or book?
Hard but the one song I always search for on my spotify playlist is “you’ve got the love” by Candi Statton.
7. Compact camera or DSLR?
Neither! I take all my pics on my iPhone 5s.
8. Funniest thing you’ve seen outdoors?
Not seen but been a part of. 16 of us sat on the summit of High Street eating my famous brownies with hot custard.
9. What inspires you to get outdoors?
My obsession with the Wainwrights! I love being in my boots exploring the hills.
10. Outdoor hero/heroine?
My friend Ray, he knows the hills like the back of his hand. He recites poetry to me on the hills interspersed with the spot heights of the summits. Love walking with him.
11. Best joke?
Ok here goes…..
A priest and a Hindu are makin toast. The priest exclaims “look there is an image of jesus in my margarine!” The Hindu replies ” I can’t believe its not Budda!”
11 random facts about me!
1. Though my twitter name is Cumbrian Blondie, I am Oxford girl but have lived up here since 1990. My blonde is enhanced, naturally dark blonde aka mousey.
2. My cousin in the 80s was Whams bodyguard. I did have George Michael’s autograph but my mum threw it away by accident.
3. I make the best brownies™ in the world.
4. The only German I can remember from doing GCSE’s is “take off your trousers and underpants”
5. I only learnt to swim when I was 27 when I decided to conquer my fear of water. Still not confident.
6. I learnt to drive on a 5 day crash course in Blackpool. Though thankfully not literally!
7. I ended up in Kendal by a flip of a coin at junction 37.
8. I been married twice. First time when I was 19.
9. I’ve only had 3 jobs my entire life.
10. Food hell is baked beans!
11. My guilty pleasure is slutty tv like Geordie Shore. Don’t judge me!!
1. Favourite walk?
2. Most treasured piece of kit?
3. Favourite mountain food?
4. Most challenging walk?
5. Best place you’ve camped?
6. Where in your opinion is the best mountain view?
7. Pole or not to pole?
8. How important is having 3G on a mountain to tweet update?
9. What’s your perfect tipple for walkers reward?
10. Why do you like the great outdoors?
11. What’s your next adventure?
I’m only going to do five nominations. The minimum according to the rules but also in the hope that I’m not duplicating anyone and multi-nominating them.
Alex @atkypne – http://atkypne.blogspot.co.uk
Martin @Martinthehills – martinthehills.co.uk
Matt @hillplodder – about.me/hillplodder
Mark @wastwater1 – wasdale photography
As you see some of the rules have been bent a bit but not much.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)