I am always looking to try new recipes and who doesn’t love a Friday night curry. Much healthier than a takeaway and super easy to make.
- 2 tbsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick, snapped in half
- 1 large red chilli, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 500g potatoes, cut into chunks
- small pack coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large, wide pan. Add the onion and fry for 5 mins until softened, stirring every now and then. Stir in the garlic, ginger and cloves, and cook for 5 mins more, stirring frequently to stop it sticking. Add all the remaining spices and the fresh chilli, stir briefly, then tip in the tomatoes with 2 cans of water, plus the chutney and crumbled stock cube.
- Add the chicken thighs, pushing them under the liquid, then cover the pan and leave to cook for 35 mins. Stir well, add the potatoes and cook uncovered for 15-20 mins more until they are tender. Stir in the coriander.
Serve with fluffy rice and naan bread. Enjoy 🙂