I do love a throw in a tray one pot dish, perfect for a busy working domestic goddess. I threw in some leftover chorizo sausage cut into chunks, made a perfect addition to the dish.
- 500g Jersey Royal potatoes or other new potatoes
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fennel seeds
- 2 sweetcorn cobs
- 250g Asparagus
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
For the Peach Relish
- 4 rip peaches, stoned and finely chopped
- a small knob of root ginger, peeled and grated.
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. caster sugar
- a few basil leaves shredded
- Preheat oven to 200, fan 180, gas mark 6
- Halve the potatoes and place into a shallow roasting tin with the chicken. Add 2 tbsp. of the oil and the fennel seeds, season and toss. roast for 50 mins until the chicken is golden.
- Put all the ingredients for the relish into a pan except the basil leaves, Simmer together for 25 minutes uncovered, stirring now and again. Once it has softened, take off heat and allow to cool before adding the basil.
- Slice the sweetcorn off each cob, after 50 minutes add this along with the lemon and asparagus and remaining oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Serve the relish with the chicken.