I always like to try new recipes out, the fresh smell when making the paste is just delicious and you know it’s going to be good. It is quite spicy but the cooling yoghurt helps. Quick and easy to make.
Serves 4 or 2 very hungry people
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 green chillies
- 3 tbsp oil
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp turmeric
- ½ a can chopped tomatoes (freeze the rest), or use 2 medium fresh tomatoes
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 200g frozen peas or cooked fresh peas
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- Chop the onion, garlic, ginger and chillies together in a food processor. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the mixture until it becomes very fragrant. Add the mince and fry until it begins to brown, stirring to break up any lumps.
- Add the spices and fry for 1 min. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, cook for 1 min, then stir in the yogurt, some salt and a good grind of black pepper. Add a splash of water if you need to, then cook the mixture for 30 mins. Add the frozen peas and cook for 5 mins, then stir in the coriander. Serve with Indian breads or poppadums, chutney and some more yogurt.