I love vegetarian food and this recipe can be accidentally vegan if you wish.
• 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
• I onion finely sliced
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 green pepper, chopped
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp chilli powder
• 2 tsp cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder (check the label if you’re vegan)
• 80g quinoa rinsed under cold water 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
• generous handful of coriander, chopped
• 2 tbsp bio yogurt
• 1 small avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 8 mins. Add the pepper and spices to taste and fry for 1 min more.
- Tip in the tomatoes and a can of water, stir in the oregano, bouillon and quinoa, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Stir in the black beans and cook, uncovered, for 5 mins more. Add most of the coriander, then serve topped with the yogurt (if using), the remaining coriander and the avocado slices.